Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Welcome Is In Order

Welcome to my blog. I warn you, this is not my first blog. My first blog was named Skein Street and still seems to exist on the internet, though it's dusty and neglected. There are posts going as far back as 2004-2008. I felt I needed a fresh start, so here it is.

How about an introduction? My name is Erin. I'm 30, living in Central New York with my boyfriend, Sam, of two and a half years. We live in a cozy apartment with three cats and a dog and I vacuum enough fur off the rugs to make a fifth pet. Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Me and Otis, and yes, he really is twice my size.
I've been working as a veterinary assistant for the past three years and it's an exciting, uplifting, depressing, fun, stressful, happy, boring, hectic job.
No two days are the same. I'm actually quite happy about that. I had a job once that was the same everyday. I came to work, waited for the work to arrive at 9:15am, was finished by 10:30am and spent the rest of the day surfing the internet to keep myself from going insane. I don't know if you realize this, but there is an end to the internet and I found it. That's how much time I had on my hands. I'm much happier having a job that keeps me busy, sometimes to a fault, but it's worth it.

My real passion happens outside of work. I'm a knitter. I've been knitting for about 14 years. I spin my own yarn. I've started dabbling in designing patterns. My idea of a perfect day is spending time sitting outside on a warm day in the shade of the sun with a cup of tea, some knitting and a good book. As far as I'm concerned, life doesn't get much sweeter. (Suddenly I get the feeling I'm writing as if I'm introducing myself on a dating site. "What's you're idea of a perfect evening?" Yikes, must re-direct this post)


So here we are, I have time on my hands again to do the things I love to, namely, be creative. I consider blogging a form of creativity and I obviously loved doing it back in the day. Why not start up again? Here's to many more post! I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I enjoy creating it.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blogging world! And that is a HUGE dog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back! Love Otis- you totally need one of him to add to the funny farm :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! Four animals is quite enough for me and Sam at the moment!

      Delete