Thursday, January 19, 2012

More Babies

Two stars made for my nieces, one crocheted, one knit
My coworker's fiance is pregnant and I just recently received an invitation to the baby shower. It seems I cannot escape the babies, no matter how hard I try (I'll admit, not trying very hard.) The shower is only two weeks away and I decided to make a toy as my gift. I figured I'll be able to finish it in time. Hopefully those won't be famous last words.

I made this pattern for my nieces and, according to my sister-in-law, it was a hit. The pattern is Celestine. The only thing I did differently than the pattern (or plan on doing) is to include bells on the inside while I'm stuffing it. The best one's I've found are cat toys. I can fit about three of them in there and it sounds just like any other child's toy with bells!

Star in progress
My sister-in-law did mention that the girls liked the knitted star better because they could grasp it easier than the crocheted star. She also said that she thinks I could make some serious money on these since there are always mom's on etsy looking for handmade and unique toys for their babies. If only I had all the time in the world to devote to knitting.

I promise you, I'm working on things other than knits for babies. I have a hat started which I haven't felt too motivated to work on for reasons unknown. I'm working on a pair of Malabrigo socks. I have a shawl I started out of Sanguine Gryphon Bugga which is luscious. Not to mention my ongoing spinning project. I'm just so easily sidetracked these days! I've also been hugely sidetracked because Sam bought me the box set of the Game of Thrones series and I haven't wanted to put the books down. It's extremely difficult to get myself motivated to go to work or get up to do anything because I'm in the middle of a chapter I can't stop reading.

If I could wish for anything at all, it would be more time to do the things I love. I sometimes feel like I have too many interests for my own good!

3 comments:

  1. The Game of Thrones series is pretty awesome, I once finished a pair of socks while reading the third book (Kindle is my favorite thing ever). I particularly love the kind of yarn that you chose for that project, it is perfect for babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I had them on my kindle because I feel I'd probably be able to knit and read at the same time!

      Delete
  2. How fun! You picked out great yarns for these projects!

    ReplyDelete